LISA Data Processing Group (LDPG)
The LISA Data Processing Group is responsible for coordinating the consortium activities associated with data processing during operations. In particular, the LDPG coordinates the implementation of the analysis pipelines, the data processing infrastructure, the data processing centres, the support to operations, and the management of science products.
The charge of the group is to:
- Develop and coordinate the unique Distributed Data Processing Centre (DDPC) for LISA;
- Prepare and execute the pipelines to produce L2 (identified source waveforms and TDI residuals with all identified signals subtracted) and L3 (Source Catalogues) products as well as other defined scientfic products and deliver them to the SOC;
- Manage the interfaces between pipeline design and pipeline implementation;
- Aid in the management and execution of large-scale simulations and provide structures for data management;
- Coordinate the definition and development of LISA Data Computing Centres (DCCs);
- Aid in the definition of Consortium support to ESA’s ground-segment (operations support);
- Coordinate the definition and implementation of the data analysis frameworks and operations environment;
- Coordinate the development and management of data analysis pipelines;
- Provide structures and support for the management of Consortium data products.
The development of the DDPC includes:
- Definition and maintenance of the pipeline and data analysis development environment;
- Design and implementation of the pipeline and analysis operations environment;
- Design and implementation of data storage facilities and databases;
- Implementation and operation of consortium IT services;
- Management and implementation of pipelines for simulation and data analysis.
There are 6 teams in the LDPG:
- Data Computing Centers
- SOC Support