LISA Early Career Scientist Group (LECS)
The Early Career Scientist Group intends to gather consortium members at an early stage of their careers (PhD students, postdocs, assistant professors, etc). Physicists and engineers are very welcome to express their interest, especially new-comers.
As an official consortium group, a list of members is maintained as well as a mailing-list. We hold regular telecon, announced by emails and messages in the dedicated Slack channels. Our Slack channel #lecs is used for spontaneous discussions and announcements. The telecon minutes, brainstorming documents, along with other resources can be found on our Wiki: https://gitlab.in2p3.fr/j2b.bayle/lecs.
To ask for membership, access to the consortium Slack and to our Wiki, please write an email to the chair email address above.
The group must provide for a safe environment for discussion and exchange, as well as a strong voice to represent younger generations in the consortium.
The main goals of the group are to
- discuss needs and values shared by younger generations,
- support career development, share job and grant opportunities,
- foster collaboration, and facilitate the exchange of information: welcome and accompany new members, allow for cross-disciplinary exchanges
- Promote the participation of young members in leadership positions, outreach activities, diversity-related groups, and development of soft/tranferable skills, and
- and more generally, lay the foundations for a functional, enjoyable, and inclusive work environment within LISA.