LISA Instrument Group (LIG)
- lead: Martin Hewitson
- deputy: Bill Weber
The LISA Instrument Group is responsible to manage the consortium work in the area of hardware deliverables. This group would eventually host (or morph into) a project management office responsible for the development of the hardware.
The charge of this group is to
- maintain scientific oversight of payload items;
- coordinate the Phase 0 and Phase A work of the consortium’s hardware deliverables;
- aid in interface definition of all payload items;
- maintain scientific oversight of technology development of consortium deliverable hardware items;
- follow progress of other technology developments (e.g., laser, telescope);
- provide support to ESA’s Phase A industrial studies through ESA’s System Engineering Office.