Cosmology Working Group (CosWG)
The goal of the CosWG is to investigate the scientific return of LISA related to cosmology. The CosWG also studies the science that can be analysed by cross-correlating LISA measurements with cosmological observables or robust, cosmological theories.
The activity of the CosWG is carried out by sharing knowledge, resources, and ideas in a joint effort among any CosWG member willing to contribute to a particular CosWG project. All projects that are proposed to the CosWG and accepted as CosWG projects, become CosWG ideas whose development is a collegial task.
Examples of past or ongoing CosWG projects:
- Measurments of the Hubble parameter and its red-shift depence by means of standard sirens in LISA data (e.g. arXiv:1601.07112)
- Constraints on theories of modified GR by means of standard sirens in LISA data (e.g. arXiv:1906.07204)
- Constraints on primordial black holes (e.g. arXiv:21xx.xxxxx)
- LISA potential to test cosmic strings (e.g. arXiv:1909.00819)
- LISA potential to test particle physics models predicting first-order phase transitions (e.g. arXiv:1512.06239, 1910.13125)
- LISA potential to test inflationary models (e.g. arXiv:1610.06481)
- LISA sensitivity to stochastic backgrounds not fully homogeneneous or isotropic (e.g. arXiv:1806.02819)
- Reconstruction of the stochastic background frequency shape in LISA (e.g. arXiv:1906.09244)
Projects developed in synergy with the other LISA working groups are foreseen.
LISA CosWG identification number
The LISA Consortium assigns an identification number to the CosWG papers that satisfy a high standard, are developed collegialy, and are tightly connected to the LISA workpackages and science.
The exhaustive and updated list of these articles is the following:
|CosWG id. number||ArXiv number||Title||Atrium link||Keywords|
|LISA-CosWG-19-01||ArXiv:1906.07204||Testing modified gravity ...||ATRIUM-357187||Modified GR, standard sirens, cosmol. parameters|
|LISA-CosWG-19-02||ArXiv:1906.09244||Reconstructing the spectral ...||ATRIUM-358359||Stochastic background reconstruction, data analysis|
|LISA-CosWG-19-03||ArXiv:1909.00819||Probing ... cosmic strings with LISA||ATRIUM-369107||Cosmic strings|
|LISA-CosWG-19-04||ArXiv:1910.13125||GWs from phase transitions with LISA||ATRIUM-374234||Phase transitions|
|LISA-CosWG-20-01||ArXiv:2006.03313||Maximum likelihood map-making with LISA||ATRIUM-423792||Anisotropy detection, data analysis|
|LISA-CosWG-20-02||ArXiv:2009.11845||Improved reconstruction of a SGWB with LISA||ATRIUM-428815||Stochastic background reconstruction, data analysis|