Cosmology Working Group (CosWG)
- co-chair: Robert Caldwell
- co-chair: Germano Nardini
- co-chair: Nicola Tamanini
- co-chair: Marco Peloso
The goal of the CosWG is to investigate the scientific return of LISA related to cosmology. The CosWG also studies the science that can be analysed by cross-correlating LISA measurements with cosmological observables or robust, cosmological theories.
The activity of the CosWG is carried out by sharing knowledge, resources, and ideas in a joint effort among any CosWG member willing to contribute to a particular CosWG project. All projects that are proposed to the CosWG and accepted as CosWG projects, become CosWG ideas whose development is a collegial task.
Examples of past or ongoing CosWG projects:
- Measurments of the Hubble parameter and its red-shift depence by means of standard sirens in LISA data (e.g. arXiv:1601.07112)
- Constraints on theories of modified GR by means of standard sirens in LISA data (e.g. arXiv:1906.07204)
- Constraints on primordial black holes (e.g. arXiv:21xx.xxxxx)
- LISA potential to test cosmic strings (e.g. arXiv:1909.00819)
- LISA potential to test particle physics models predicting first-order phase transitions (e.g. arXiv:1512.06239, 1910.13125)
- LISA potential to test inflationary models (e.g. arXiv:1610.06481)
- LISA sensitivity to stochastic backgrounds not fully homogeneneous or isotropic (e.g. arXiv:1806.02819)
- Reconstruction of the stochastic background frequency shape in LISA (e.g. arXiv:1906.09244)
Projects developed in synergy with the other LISA working groups are foreseen.
LISA CosWG identification number
The LISA Consortium assigns an identification number to the CosWG papers that satisfy a high standard, are developed collegialy, and are tightly connected to the LISA workpackages and science.
The exhaustive and updated list of these articles is the following:
|CosWG id. number||ArXiv number||Title||Atrium link||Keywords|
|LISA-CosWG-19-01||ArXiv:1906.07204||Testing modified gravity ...||ATRIUM-357187||Modified GR, standard sirens, cosmol. parameters|
|LISA-CosWG-19-02||ArXiv:1906.09244||Reconstructing the spectral ...||ATRIUM-358359||Stochastic background reconstruction, data analysis|
|LISA-CosWG-19-03||ArXiv:1909.00819||Probing ... cosmic strings with LISA||ATRIUM-369107||Cosmic strings|
|LISA-CosWG-19-04||ArXiv:1910.13125||GWs from phase transitions with LISA||ATRIUM-374234||Phase transitions|
|LISA-CosWG-20-01||ArXiv:2006.03313||Maximum likelihood map-making with LISA||ATRIUM-423792||Anisotropy detection, data analysis|
|LISA-CosWG-20-02||ArXiv:2009.11845||Improved reconstruction of a SGWB with LISA||ATRIUM-428815||Stochastic background reconstruction, data analysis|